You are all cordially invited to a reception for our LimeLight Artist Don Wolfe on Friday, May 10th, at 5:30-8:00 pm at the Huntsville Art League Gallery.
Don’s amazing photography will be hanging in the Main Gallery all of May, but next Friday is your chance to meet him in person.
Light refreshments will be served.[nggallery id=30]
I am an Executive Board Member and active participant of the Huntsville Art League where I have a studio to display my fine art photography. My photography has been on display at several prominent locations around Huntsville and Decatur. Exhibitions include special invitation to the Artistic Images Gallery and three of the “50 Best” photographs of the Huntsville Photographic Society at the Huntsville Gallery of Art in 2011. In the Photographic Society I have been awarded 1st place in numerous photo competitions and am working on the forth step toward the Master Photographer level.
Having had a lifelong love for photography, I started with a Brownie box camera in the 1950s, and worked up from there. I habitually had a camera with me wherever circumstances took me, whether a 35mm slung inside my parker skiing in the Alps, or a mini in my pocket in the jungles of Viet Nam. In 2005 I made the switch to digital and joined the Huntsville Photographic Society. After winning in several monthly competitions, I decided to publicly show for the first time and was accepted to participate in the 2008 Panoply Arts Festival in Huntsville. I have participated in numerous juried art festivals since then.
My training has been mostly through self-education over the years from innumerable how-to books and articles, photo magazines, discussions with other photographers, and years of practical experience. I now use “Lightroom” and “Photoshop” for my digital darkroom and have attended classes on their use. I became a Canon fan about 1968, and this is still my primary source for cameras (13 different models), lenses, printers, and printing supplies. I mainly do my own printing using archival inks and papers.
Summary of accomplishments:
- Patriot Award for Best Artist, Pilgrimage Art Festival, Eufaula
- President’s Award, Huntsville Art League
- Photographs displayed in the “art@TAC” exhibit by the Huntsville Arts Council
- Three images in exhibit of “50 Best Photos” of HPS in the Huntsville Gallery of Art
- Published: “Members Showcase” book – HPS’s best photos
- Featured Solo-Exhibitor at the Huntsville Times Gallery
- Featured Exhibitor at the Artistic Images Gallery
- Photograph in Decatur Carnegie Visual Arts Center “Embracing Art Expo”
- Photograph displayed in the Huntsville Mayor’s Office
- Solo display: Huntsville “Old Bank Building”
- Photograph published in the Monte Sano United Methodist Church Calendar
- First Place award at the Guntersville “Art on the Lake” juried art show
- Acceptance for participation in numerous juried art festivals in Alabama and Tennessee
- Art on the Lake, Guntersville, AL
- Art on the Square, Athens, AL
- Arts Alive Festival, Florence, AL
- Bluff Park Art Show, Birmingham/Hoover, AL
- Carnegie Visual Arts Center special showing, Decatur, AL
- Destin Festival of the Arts, Destin, FL
- East Coast Arts Festival, Fairhope, AL
- Monte Sano Art Show, Huntsville, AL
- Orange Beach Festival of Art, Orange Beach, AL
- Panoply Arts Festival, Huntsville, AL
- Pumpkinfest, Franklin, TN
- Spring Pilgrimage Art Fair, Eufaula, AL
- Tennessee Arts and Crafts Association (TACA) Fall Craft Fair, Nashville, TN