Photographer for over 40 years. Owned photography business and worked in / managed professional photo labs for many years. Now shooting copies and printing Giclees for local artists, up to 24 x 80. Design: brochures to billboards.
Photo Seminars Attended:
- Rod Planck – “How to Photograph Nature” Detroit, MI.
- Pat Gerlach; one-week photo workshop – “Nature Photography – Shooting Wild Animals”; Logging Camp Ranch, Medora, North Dakota.
- Robert Glenn Ketchum – “Evolution in Landscape Photography” St. Louis, MO.
- John Shaw “Intensive” seminar on Nature Photography and digital printing, Traverse City, MI.
- John & Barb Gerlach, “How to Shoot Beautiful Nature Photos”, Indianapolis, IN.
- “Epson Print Academy” (one day seminar) with Vincent Versace, Indianapolis, IN
- One-day Seminar: “With Heart, Soul and Camera: Developing a Personal Vision” by Brenda Tharp instructor at the Rocky Mountain School of Photography, in St. Louis
- “Digital Photography” with George Lepp, Peoria, IL.
- “Outdoor & Wildlife Photography” by Dr. Leonard Rue III, Peoria, IL.
- “The Art of Nature Photography” with internationally-known photographer, Arthur Morris, Chattanooga, TN
Member of Photographic Society of America (PSA) and was assistant webmaster for Nature Division, 2002.
Published the Article, “Electronic Imaging: Not for Fantasy Only” in Photographic Society of America Journal, July, 2003.
Won Merit Award in the Decatur Art Guild’s “Colors of the Season” exhibition, in Decatur, AL.-2004
Had picture of Venus-Jupiter-Moon published in “Night Sky” magazine, 2004
Received “Honorable Mention” in Photographer’s Forum Magazine’s 25th Annual Spring Photography Contest, sponsored by Canon. This was given to the top 100 out of 21,000 entries (0.5%) and was published in their 2005 Annual.
Won many awards in Huntsville Photographic Society competition, culminating in “Master Photographer” status, in 2009.
Works Shown at:
- Culver Lake Fest, Culver IN.
- Washington Gallery, Goshen, IN
- Minneapolis Art Festival, Minneapolis
- Audry Levy Invitational Art Show, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Huntsville Art League gallery
- Huntsville Times
- Heritage Club
- Providence Showhouse
- Carnegie Visual Arts Center, Decatur
- “Limelight” exhibition at the Huntsville Art League.
- Huntsville Museum of Art; “Unique Views of Huntsville” exhibit; multiple awards
- “Southern Shutters” show at the Clay House Museum, Madison
- Arts Council Office
- Monte Sano Art Show
- Placed in “Imagine Tomorrow” show at Huntsville Museum of Art, 2010