EXHIBITS AND AWARDS–
- Third Prize, $100 Cash Award, Painting Category, Allied Arts Competition of Mobile, 1977
- $200 Cash Award, Mixed-Media, Fine Arts Museum of the South Juried Show, 1983
- Honorable Mention, Graphics, Cannonsburgh Juried Art Exhibition, 1983
- Huntsville Art League and Museum Association Juried Show, 1984
- $75 Juror’s Choice Award, Greater Gulf Coast Arts Festival, Pensacola, Florida 1984
- Red Clay Survey Juried Show, 1985
- $250 Cash Award, Honorable Mention, Tennessee Valley Art Association, Exhibition South, 1987
- Arts and Alabama Women Exhibition, Mobile College, Alabama, 1988
- Exhibit, Huntsville Mayor’s Gallery, 1993
- Exhibit, Huntsville Times Gallery, 1994
- Second Prize, Graphics, $50 Cash Award, Signature Show, Madison Art League, 1994
- Central South Art Exhibit, The Parthenon, Nashville, Tennessee, 1995
- Honorable Mention, Tennessee Valley Art Association, Exhibition South,1995
- Exhibit, Huntsville Times Gallery, 1999
- Exhibit, Panoply 2004 (Juried Outdoor Show and Sale)
- Carnegie Embracing Art (Juried Show), Spring 2021
ART RELATED EDUCATION—
Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, 1976. Major concentration in Commercial Design, Minor in Painting.
Attended workshops with Tony Couch, Al Brouillette, Frank Webb, Charles Reid, Judi Betts and others.
ART RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE–
May 2019 – May 2020. President, Huntsville Art League.
Currently serving on the H.A.L. Executive Board.
August 2007 – December 2007. Adjunct Professor of Art at Calhoun Community College. Taught a hybrid course in Art Appreciation—one day per week in the classroom and one day online.
May 2005 – May 2007. Volunteer Secretary for the Executive Board of the Huntsville Art League.
2004 – 2005. Taught classes in Drawing and Watercolor Painting to children and adults at the Huntsville Art League Gallery.
2000 –2001. Taught art twice weekly to seventy-five middle school students at Grace Lutheran School.
1993 — 1999. Vacation Bible School Arts and Crafts Coordinator. Coordinated Arts and Crafts activities for fifty to one hundred children for one week each summer.
1983 – Present. Exhibit and sell paintings in watercolor, acrylic and mixed media and drawings in pen and ink. Currently exhibiting at the Huntsville Art League Gallery.
1983 – 1989. Produced architectural renderings and other commercial art for local builders, developers and interior designers in and around Huntsville, Alabama.
1976 – 1983. Illustrator and designer for advertising agencies as well as individual and corporate clients in and around Mobile, Alabama.